Monday, February 16, 2009

An Engineer's Job Description According to Daniel...

When working with Sworn Enemy, if I wanted to give the band dudes a hard time (bust their ballzz as New York dudes say)... I would make them Wikipedia, or as Lorenzo calls it "winky-pinky" AUDIO ENGINEER and have them read the definition aloud to point out how I go above and beyond the description of the job to ensure that their record is sick. It's all in good fun of course. 

So, in a guitar tuning moment, I "winky-pinkied" Sworn Enemy to find a hilarious, awkward picture of them... although the definition had us cracking up because it labeled them as a thrash/metalcore band from New York that was managed by Tim Lambesis from As I Lay Dying (in case you don't know-Tim doesn't manage them, he's only produced their records). Anyway, I realized that the picture posted of them is actually worth a thousand words.  Here's my take on it: Sal just ripped one that blew J-rad's hair back.. Sid caught the odor of it and Jamin is staring at the back of the Venue saying "YO.. who's that dude talking to my girl???... I promise it will only be funny if you guys check out that picture on Wikipedia, searching for Sworn Enemy as well as the Tim stuff... It was a great moment! So that's my first studio fun moment that comes to mind. There will be a ton more to come.

(And in case you don't want to try the link here's the picture from Wikipedia):




2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim, I just wanted to say congratulations on being a father soon! Must be so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. update update UPDATE!! just wanted to say that.

    ReplyDelete